This isn't a post about my experiences teaching or traveling the world. It is simply a post to express some of the feelings and impressions I had today while attending the international ward here in Kyiv. It has been such a great experience going to different wards while being out here. It testifies the truthfulness of the gospel, seeing people from different parts of the world still worshiping the same as we do back home.
The international branch has been especially great! Most of the members that attend this ward are missionaries that work in the temple and also the mission president and his family. It's been fun to get to know some of them a little. The lessons have been powerful and profound to me. I just love learning more about this gospel!
I finally realized something today that I have been feeling for a while. I really miss sharing my testimony on a daily basis, and to be honest, on an hourly basis! On the mission, it was the greatest thing to read and learn about something in personal study and then have the opportunity to share my knowledge and testimony of that thing in companionship study, and then again throughout the day in lessons or other meetings. I don't think I really understood how much I missed that until today. I just don't get that opportunity as often, or it's not as easy to share my testimony with others when it's not expected I guess.
So I want to just post a little something here on my blog, for whoever may read it. I want to be able to share my testimony without having to wait for fast Sunday to do so (I will be in a different country as well so I'm doing it now).
Today in sacrament, we heard a lot about the Atonement. It continued on into Sunday school as well. It started with the sacrament hymn, Oh God, The Eternal Father. I especially like verse 3. "When Jesus, the Anointed, descended from above. And gave himself a ransom to win our souls with love. With no apparent beauty, that man should him desire. He was the promised Savior, to purify with fire." During the passing of the sacrament, I turned to the scripture at the bottom of the hymn, Isaiah 53: 2-5. I love this passage of scripture. The Savior suffered every pain imaginable for us. He didn't need it, but we did. We need Him. There is no other way to find true happiness. There is no other way to have everlasting peace in the life to come. He is the only way. How many times do we turn away from Him though? When we think we know better than Him. We choose our ways over His ways. This world tries to deceive us and it does a pretty good job at it. We have to be above the things of this world and choose God's ways.
I loved something Elder Holland said in the Face2face meeting. He was talking about marriage, but in general he said that all good things do not come easy. We have to work at them. I feel that relates to almost anything in this gospel. It takes work for a strong testimony. It takes work to develop Christ-like attributes. It takes work for apply the Atonement into our lives. Each day we have to work to keep His commandments and hold true to our covenants.
Something that was shared today in class was about the word "willing" and specifically willing to take upon us His name. We discussed how it's not a one time thing. Saying, "Oh I will be willing to do this," but it's having that constant will to serve and follow Him. I loved that! It's like enduring to the end. We have to be in it forever. We don't ever check our religion at the door.
I wish that I could better express my feelings in writing, but I don't quite know how to do that. I have just been so full of the spirit today and have loved every second of it! I know, without a doubt in my mind, that this church is true. I am so grateful for the Atonement of our Savior. He is my light. I can't imagine not being able to turn to Him and feeling that peace and comfort of knowing it will all be alright if I just trust in him. I am eternally indebted to Him and I want to live my life in a way that will please Him. That is the least I can do. I know that this church was restored to this earth through our Prophet, Joseph Smith. What a remarkable work he performed for the benefit of all mankind on the earth in these latter days. I love my Savior and I love my Father in Heaven. I would be lost without them and without this amazing gospel. I know if we are righteous in this life, we will one day reap our rewards in Heaven. It's just a matter of keeping an eternal perspective and trusting in the Lord. I know these things are true. I know the prophets and apostles of this church are true and the words they speak to us are sacred and important for us to hear and follow. I love this gospel with all of my heart, and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

How did I ever get such an awesome daughter?!
ReplyDeleteHow did I ever get such an awesome daughter?!
ReplyDeleteI think I got a fantastic mother :)
Delete