Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Free fallin'

We went out and saw a few more cathedrals today. I don't have a whole ton to say, so it will mostly just be pictures, which is what everyone really wants to see anyway. Honestly though, today the streets were like 10 times more slippery than normal. And they are always super slick. So everywhere I walked today, I saw so many people either slip on ice under the snow or actually fall.  It is sometimes the funniest thing to see. They don't smile a ton here, even when they fall. So you see these super stern adults falling and hoping right back up to continue walking. So funny.
But it's even better when us teachers fall. Again, when Ukrainians fall, they don't make a sound, or as one lady we witnessed fall, they let out the tiniest little, "Oh" and continue on. For us, we scream or grunt or many some ridiculous noise. Even when we just slip. So I'm basically laughing the whole walk when I'm with other teachers. It's great. Today walking back from school, Tamarah slipped for at least 10 seconds straight. Haha it was the best! I was there to try and hold her up but her feet had something crazy in mind. Just picture that video of the man shoveling snow and falling for like 30 seconds. It was basically that and we were laughing hysterically in the middle of town. No biggie. ;) I just love it here. We blend in so well...not. haha
This reminded me so much of a Whoville house. The fence mostly. It was great :) 






Unfortunately, this one was under construction. It was beautiful! 



We ate at the most delicious restaurant ever! It was Italian so obviously it was great. And super cheep here! I got ravioli and cheesecake. SO good!! Oh, and the menu was in English this time! 


Hahaha! Highlight of my day was watching this little boy dress up like Cinderella. He wanted to wear the dress but was so unhappy after he put it on. He is so emotionless all the time anyway, so it was the funniest thing to watch him act out the dance scene in Cinderella. My head teacher and I were both losing it. What a champ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment