Today we had the theme "Hollywood" so our lessons were supposed to be centered on movie, actors, TV shows, etc. For my first lesson, I decided to teach the kids the Hoedown Throwdown from the Hannah Montana movie. Yeah I know, ridiculous movie but a fun dance. So that was a lot of fun to watch the kids try to figure out the moves. And most of them enjoyed it, some were just being stupid... haha ;)
The second round, we played the flour game that I learned on the mission. It was a big hit with the kids! They had a blast. And they loved the watermelon sour patch as well, just like all the kids in Vanuatu did when I would get packages. What a fantastic candy...
The kids were getting really crazy today. At one point, Elli (another teacher) and I just decided to pull both our groups together and have them dance to all the dances they have learned over the years. haha when the kids stop responding to you, just turn on a song they know and they will come together and dance. The one they always ask us to turn on is the "Nae nae". Haha it is hysterical to watch them dance to it!
After lessons, we had some training from our head teacher, Kate, to get a better idea of what will happen when we start our actual ILP teaching next week. It's been a lot of fun getting to know these other teachers I'm with. They are so great and it's been fantastic talking with them each night.
Now we are starting Anastasia while the kids are having a "disco" again tonight :) Until next time...
Kiril after the flour incident
Denis
Annia
Sounds like you're having fun. Teaching will be much different when you finally have a regular class. These kids are more like"buddies"!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're having fun. Teaching will be much different when you finally have a regular class. These kids are more like"buddies"!
ReplyDelete